Intercultural Education Through Religious Studies is an innovative 5-day training course addressed to secondary school teachers and educators interested in promoting intercultural dialogue, active democratic citizenship and human-rights values.
The innovative in-service training has been designed by top-ranked universities and world-recognized NGOs in the field of religious studies thanks to long experiences on the educational field within secondary schools.
The course cover the following topics:
- Introduction to the Main World Religious Traditions
- Coexistence & Conflict, Difference & Similarities in Religions
- Religious Plurality in Contemporary Societies
- The Sense and Methods of Teaching History of Religions in Schools
- Use of innovative ICT methodologies
The learning materials has been tested in different EU secondary schools (Venice, Paris, Augsburg, Salamanca and Odense) in the frame of an European project called IERS – Comenius multilateral project 2013-15.
From these experiences, the training offers an opportunity to reinforce teachers and educators skills, approaches and tools to educate towards a constructive and critical understanding in the context of multi-religious classrooms.
Please find below the information on how this course supports your EUROPEAN DEVELOPMENT PLAN for Erasmus Plus Funding.
Course fee: EUR 350
A cultural programme of the hosting city will be offered to the course participants.
All the cost related to travel, accommodation and subsistence may be covered
by the ErasmusPlus grant.
PLACE & DATES
VENICE – Italy
14th-18th of November 2016
13th-17th of March 2017
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Teachers, Teachers trainers, principals, school managers, adult educators, higher education institutions offering outreach courses for adults. In general, Schools and organization who wish to:
- Improve the teachers ICT skills, tools (Digital Modules) and methodologies to know and add value to the multicultural educational contexts;
- Develop innovative approaches to learning about religions and worldviews in different subjects including RE, History, Literature, Geography and Human Sciences;
- Development of skills and teaching methodologies to organize and moderate in-class debates on contemporary conflicting global issues;
How this course can support your EUROPEAN DEVELOPMENT PLAN?
- Linguistic competences will be enhanced by using English as the common language;
- Teachers’ skills will be strengthen in order to support students to understand global issues related to religious beliefs thanks to the usage of Innovative ICT Tools designed by top ranked Universities.
- The underpinning course methodology will include practical workshops, moments of reflection and time for individual-collective investigation and collaboration.
- Digital Modules are one of the outcomes of European Comenius Multilateral Project that involved 5 different European countries: Italy, Denmark, Germany, Spain and France.
- Every participant will leave the course with a Professional development plan including clear objectives for improving their daily work.
By attending this course, participants will have the chance to:
- Acquire new tools and methodologies that open up a Scientific Approach to Religious Studies in an Intercultural Perspective;
- Experience activities that motivate students to fully participate in class, increasing class cohesion and promoting tolerance;
- Acquire new tools to engage multicultural classes, feeling more self-confident and prepared when facing religious issues;
- Take part in practical workshops with other teachers from different countries to share opinions, practices, methodologies and tools ;
- Improve and refresh their English skills and knowledge, learning specific vocabulary;
No special preparation will be required. Nonetheless, in order to make the training more efficient, participants will be asked to prepare in advance a short presentation on their educational, policy and professional context, to gather basic information and to describe their interest and motivation to join the IERS in-service training.
If you are interested in enrolling to the In-service Staff Mobility Training Course, please follow this link to the application page in the Ca’ Foscari University of Venice Web Page. For any other information, please write to email@example.com or use the Contact form. Our staff will be in contact with you with relevant information.
You can download the leaflet in PDF format here.